How Marketing can Enable Sales Enablement
There's a decrease of 44% in responsiveness to email and outreach due to C-19.
Though the companies are not in good financial condition, according to me it’s not solely because of the health crisis.
Buyers still want to be in touch with experts who are able to help them right now with the difficulties they are facing and in future too. The thing which is creating a problem here is that leadership, sales, marketing and account management teams are sending out more connection invitations, more messaging, and more stuff in order to recover and grow again.
However, companies are reluctant to build strong relationships on channels like LinkedIn because there’s a lack of appropriateness and personal connection.
LinkedIn Doesn’t Concern Itself With Sales, Marketing and C-Suite
It was found that 95% of leadership, sales and marketing teams in different industries are not appropriate to the marketplace on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn profiles are resumes vs sales and marketing strategies which narrate an appropriate business story so that it can make an emotional and persona connection. Majority of the profiles post about sales and marketing successes (deals closed, conversion rates, honors they won) and show target accounts with which they want to close deals with instead of establishing a relationship founded on value.
LinkedIn profiles, content, and messaging pay no attention to the human buyer with whom they want to engage. Rather, what they do is that sales and marketing speak “at” industries and organizations. They are not interested in adapting for appropriateness, they indulge themselves into number games on LinkedIn in the hope that something that works.
Profiles, content, and messaging doesn’t care about buyers’ new demands and difficulties faced by buyers. As the market changes, so websites, content, messaging, and any prospect/customer facing communication including social profiles also need to change. However, most business leaders and sales and marketing teams didn’t bother to look at the profiles of their target audience to find ways so they can connect with them in better ways, and show they are concerned about their current situation. Education for overcoming the present difficulties is not provided by them to the buyers, so this is the reason buyers are not able to buy again.
Very few profiles, content, and messaging are teaching polarization and displaying special value, this shows they don’t have business knowledge. You have to show buyers how you’ll fill the market/account gap and the individual impressions you can make. In the majority of the cases, profiles don’t include any customer stories and content which proves the claims made by leadership, sales, and marketing teams are credible.
Majority of the content on the LinkedIn publishing platform and the newsfeed are repeated strategies, decayed or widely available information. The thoughts and ideas of prospects are not reassessed, to show targeted audiences their unconsidered desires and gaps that should keep them up at night. No attention is given on creating a new buying plan and establishing faith and confidence that you are capable of solving the difficulties faced by the prospects. Very few provided content is really useful and appropriate to the decision making procedure. It seems the attention is given only to the top of the funnel brand.
Almost 3 out of 5 profiles do not share any media or do not use LinkedIn Publishing Platform at all. And, of those users who shared media, irrelevant pictures like a snapshot from an event, were the most common. There were many cases in which when the publishing platform was used; the articles published were almost a year or two old. And only a small fragment of 17% users shared a message.
Majority of the connection invites and nurturing people that people received on LinkedIn were not personalized. These looked like the sales, marketing, and leadership teams were using templates to fill in the blanks type instead of them making an effort to win my faith and credence. The qualities which were most valued in a salesperson were – trustworthy (47%), followed by responsiveness (44%) and expert in the field (40%). The leadership, sales, and marketing teams which are effective (even now when it looks like nobody is interested in buying) are the ones which are considered “trusted advisors”. Only the companies that are “earning trust”, are getting attention from the buyers.
To Add More Sales, LinkedIn Needs To Increase More Relevance
Sales, marketing, and account management teams need to sync with each other. It has been seen in the majority of cases that marketing is more interested in publishing content and filling the top of their funnel instead of using their influence to earn profit.
Marketing teams focus on “sponsored status updates,” “sponsored InMails” and company page posts because most of the teams till now follow a lead based system. What’s the use of these leads if the marketing captured them with the help of their top of the funnel strategies, but these leads get stuck as value -added relationships weren’t built. You can’t display a clear social media ROI with brand awareness metrics.
New opportunity has been given to marketing by LinkedIn
Now marketing has the opportunity to...
- Help sales write their own story and establish a personal brand on LinkedIn which makes them as faithful advisors with the clients they want to work with.
- Give them sales with contextual content and business knowledge and steps on how to use the content to build relationships and transition buyers.
- Design a social network of engaged C suite leaders vs. just a following and not a network which does not grant more conversations and profit.
- Think beyond the awareness strategy which social media and digital marketing management take and mix perspectives like challenger with LinkedIn.
- This way sales can increase stage transition percentages that will in turn increase the speed at which they transition.
- Give every client facing employee the capacity to regularly and minutely have an informative conversation with the right kind of client takes hold at every step of the client’s problem solving life cycle. Here it was specifically mentioned regularly and minutely – this means going beyond just providing content. You have to make a plan for sales and marketing that will work in alignment, track and improve for a stronger ROI of the selling system.
- Deliver buyer information by letting sales to see and understand the Digital Body Language of buyers, marketers can provide them information, so they can find out what an individual cares for, in an organization who is engaged in a buying process, and which organizations within a sales person’s territory are showing interest in buying. Marketing can acquire this information by mixing LinkedIn Sales Navigator, social listening tools, and competitive intelligence solutions with successful relationship engagement plans. Then they can prepare a blueprint on an account based marketing plan to use this information to get and keep the attention of their main decision – makers.
Lead Generation Is Not The Only Option For Marketers
To attain revenue goals through LinkedIn, marketers can now focus on Sales Marketing Alignment. This can surely prove to be a clearer and more powerful social media ROI using LinkedIn.
By spending more time researching about customers, their organizations, and their territories, marketers facilitate sales to better organize their efforts. Markets can act as a social bridge between buyers and sales by giving more attention to relationships and how to maintain them. Familiarity can be built by them between buyers and sales people.
If sales and marketing work together, they can improve sales effectiveness by using LinkedIn. However, marketing has to become a sales facilitator- so that it can support the market in a more meaningful way. Doing this, they can close more deals using the most popular B2B social media platform.
LinkedIn is the largest and most popular social networking site for professionals. This article throws light on how the majority of the content published on LinkedIn is unsuccessful in making sales. It also tells how the companies need to shift their strategies in marketing so that it enables more sales.